Monday 6 September 2010

Rainy Day...

First day back at college had me stepping on the bus thinking just one thought; Why am I doing a third year?

My only answer is that it seemed like a really good idea at the time. You know, jobs are hard to get, so why not spend another year in free education? Also, I wanted to apply to universities with the best grades I feel I can achieve...but, after a rocky first year, I kind of achieved all that I wanted to in my second year...which left me feeling a little lost today.

On top of that, rather than knuckling down and getting into the gritty bits of the courses I've chosen, the teachers decided to ease us in by getting us familiar with the other people in the class.
No offence to them, I'm sure they're lovely, but I'm sticking around for one year and then hauling out, so, to be frank, I couldn't care less what you're favourite colour is or whether you went to a festival over summer.




Had the afternoon free, which cheered me up and made me realise that, even though I feel I'm lagging a year behind my self, I have a very lovely group of people who have decided to lag with me. Some very old faces and a few new ones.

It ill be these people that get me through this year. Hopefully. Them, and a determination that I will not waste a year. I will make this year count for something, I will test myself more than ever before and, hopefully, with a bit of courage and a lot of luck, I will come out on top, feeling as if it ere all worth it after all.
That, at least, is the plan at any rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment